Best Practice Webinar: Utilising Enterprise Risk Intelligence to achieve Best Practice OHS in the education sector
Date: 29.09.11 - Thursday - 2.00pm - 2.30pm - Webinar via GoToWebinar
Organised By: RMSS |
Risk is inherent in all academic, business and administrative activities and consequently secondary schools and tertiary institutions are faced with a range of challenges daily when trying to mitigate risk and achieve Best Practice OHS.
- The volume of people to manage, including staff, students, international students,contractors and visitor
- Multiple and diverse faculties across numerous campuses
- Students working in a field environment for practical assessment
- Students involved with international and domestic travel
- Medical, scientific and engineering courses carried out in high risk environments.
Educational institutions can adopt Enterprise Risk Intelligence (ERI) to improve operational and strategic planning and reduce the impact of unexpected events and compliance breaches.
The concept and adoption of ERI is growing rapidly as organisations realise the value of integrating what used to be very disparate functions comprising: compliance, event/incident and risk management. RMSS is a leading developer of ERI solutions providing educational institutions with a comprehensive overview of primary business risks, as well as the current state of their control framework.
This presentation will provide educational institutions with a comprehensive overview of the core concepts of ERI and explain how it can be applied within educational institutions to achieve Best Practice OHS. In addition, the presentation will utilise real life examples of how education organisations are achieving and benefiting from ERI.
Key benefits of attending:
- Understand the challenges faced by educational institutions in achieving Best Practice OHS
- Understand the definition and key components of Enterprise Risk Intelligence (ERI)
- Learn how ERI can be applied in educational institution
- Learn about the benefits associated with ERI in the education industry
- Examine how other educational institutions are achieving Best Practice OHS through ERI.
About your presenter – Andrew Howarth
Andrew Howarth is the founder and CEO of RMSS and has been instrumental in developing a new paradigm shift in risk management called Enterprise Risk Intelligence. Andrew’s achievements include over 18 years in senior risk management roles with multinational organisations throughout Australia and Asia. At RMSS, Andrew’s expertise in implementing Enterprise Risk Intelligence solutions has assisted clients across a broad range of industries to more effectively manage enterprise risk by integrating the previously disparate functions of risk management, event/incident management and compliance. In addition to Andrew's experience in the field of risk management, he has formal qualifications in the form of a Master of Business and Technology (Risk Management) from the University of New South Wales. Andrew is also a regular speaker on risk management and Enterprise Risk Intelligence related topics at various risk and compliance industry seminars and events.